Skip to main content

How to apply

Older couple using a laptop

Your application will be assessed individually. Every effort will be made to ensure that people with a mixture of low, medium and high care needs live in the new homes.

To apply, contact our customer service team and ask about Independent Living.

Tel: 0345 603 7630


If you have a social worker

If a social worker manages your care, talk to them about applying for Independent Living on your behalf.

What happens next?

After we receive your application we will discuss your housing options and eligibility with you. We may also assess your needs, if required.

New applications are assessed fortnightly. Every effort will be made to ensure your application process is as short as possible.

If accepted, you will move into your new home.

How homes are allocated

Essex County Council and your local district council decide who can live in Independent Living housing. This is to make sure those people who will benefit most from Independent Living are able to do so.

Get in touch

or call us 0345 603 7630