Partner with us
Essex County Council is looking to increase the amount of Independent Living housing available to residents.
Based on the extra care model, Independent Living is self-contained housing that helps people stay independent, in a home of their own, for as long as possible with 24-hour care and support on site.
It's designed to benefit:
- People aged 55+ who have a care need
- People with specialist needs
Creating more Independent Living housing for Essex residents will:
- Provide a wider choice of specialist housing options
- Improve health and wellbeing
- Decrease reliance on other kinds of intensive accommodation and social care support
The Independent Living programme will create 1,800 Independent Living housing units in Essex by 2022.
Capital grant funding
In July 2015, Essex County Council agreed to invest £28 million in capital grant funding to meet growing demand.
We're seeking proposals from the following organisations able to deliver Independent Living housing:
- Housing providers
- Registered care providers
Organisations applying for capital grant are encouraged to:
- consider recent publications and research
- new ideas and concepts
- propose schemes that are innovative in terms of design, delivery, management, tenure mix and location.
Capital grant application pack
The capital grant application pack consists of:
- Independent Living Position Statement
- Guidance note
- Appendix 1: Documents needed to be completed by the applying organisation
- Appendix 2: Evaluation criteria for the applications
- Appendix 3: Standard Nomination Agreement
- Appendix 4: Standard Grant Agreement
Get in touch
For enquiries and to return completed application packs email: ILgateway@essex.gov.uk